Wednesday 31 August 2022

Thrifty Wednesday.


 [Image from Pixabay]

Something in the back of my noggin reminded me that the Eventbrite website is often the source of some good free events both online and in real time. For starters it's the annual Heritage Open Days week from 9-18th September when all sorts of places open up for free or you can nose around others which aren't normally accessible to the public. I've booked us free tickets for a local event for which you'd normally pay £15pp. Maybe it's a cut down version of the usual one, but it's something new for us and I'm not worried. It's good to have something to look forwards to especially if you're having to work to a tight budget. If you think a weekly post about some aspect of thrifty simple living [minus the pity party or the wearing of hair shirts] would be useful please let me know and I'll see what I can come up with. Other posts will remain of the normal random nature you've come to expect from me.

Arilx

6 comments:

  1. Yes please to some thrifty posts if you have the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes please. Let’s just face it that we have to be careful with our money as we age but more so in this very crazy world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well.....I have only gone to the evenbrite site when I have had to buy tickets for something. Never thought to check it out for free events but that suggestion works even here in Honolulu, Hawaii. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think there's a one of us not looking for ways to be thrifty. We still want entertainment though! I was planning to use Eventbrite yo find speaking events back in 2020 as a goal was to keep learning. Of course everything got cancelled. Enjoy your event.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love reading about people enjoying ordinary lives. When you can make a life on a limited budget still read like a life instead of a sufferance of belt tightening and corner cutting, have no doubt we will follow you to the last post. F grew up asset rich dirt poor but life was good down on the farm despite the debt being like the Greek national debt and the bank being in control of everything. There is a lot to enjoy in life that doesn't have to involve getting fleeced at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all your comments. I shall aim for a weekly thrift post on a Wednesday. Arilx

    ReplyDelete

Marching on

 Well March is being a bit of a madam isn't she. One minute she's teasing us with blue skies and a sun with some warmth in it and th...