Thursday 22 April 2021

The Friendly Network

My friend S moved house into a road much nearer to me at the beginning of the year. We haven't met for a few months whilst she's been getting herself settled, but that was rectified with a cuppa and slice of cake [she bakes delicious treats] in her sunny garden on Monday. Funnily enough we had cancelled from the week before due to the freezing temperatures and snow...can't think why that wouldn't appeal😆

Whilst there S gave me this....given to her via another mutual friend who thought it might just appeal to me. Honestly sometimes I think others know me better than I know myself!




The sheer joy of them....I feel that I might need a couple to join me here at GBT and that a trip to the wool shop might be in order. Haven't knitted anything in ages and am not terribly confident, but then I'd have told you that I couldn't make the gargoyle either a few years back yet the motivation was sufficiently strong to tempt me to have a go and now he sits proudly on my bookcase......we shall see!

Arilx




7 comments:

  1. I love the look of these fairies, especially like the pom poms on the bottom ones boots :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The boots are fab...wouldn't mind a pair myself! Arilx

      Delete
  2. Must see knitted gargoyle! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here https://gnatbottomedtowers.blogspot.com/2015/09/knitting-for-grown-ups.html Arilxx

      Delete
    2. Oh my gosh, that is WONDERFUL!

      Delete

Not bog standard.

Look at these beautiful cast iron panels. The design is called 'Floral Adamish' and is one of three which the company Walter Macfarl...