Friday 18 March 2022

Amusing myself on a Monday afternoon.

 We have a new temporary [I suspect] charity shop that has opened up in a huge empty retail outlet. The rumour on the street is that Aldi will be going in there soon, so I think they're filling it to the gunwhales with anything they might be able to sell in a limited time frame. Round here all the chazzas are heavily curated by the volunteers with only the best quality goods making it to the shop floors. It's absolutely necessary I understand, but I did rather enjoy the rummagey jumble sale feel to this one. Occasionally things I spot just make me titter...so for a quick spot of silliness these were the finds which amused me.




In my younger days I was always brilliant at wearing high heels....that was so long as I could stay on the spot and not move an inch... it was the walking in them that was always the problem. As I looked at these particular pair of shoes I thought to myself that I'd look more like a pantomime dame if I was to don anything of this ilk nowadays. They are great fun and I hope that whoever buys them really enjoys them. They'll certainly have themselves a bargain as they are designer shoes by Kandee and originally sold for £160.

In amongst all this I did do the decent thing and bought something. They are raising much needed funds for refugees.

Have a great weekend...we shall be away working so no rest for the wicked.

Arilx

4 comments:

  1. I used to think nothing of wearing 6" heels on a night out, now my hip hurts just looking at them. I think heels must be well and truly out of fashion, our chazzas are full of them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the women round here are in flats these days. I only have to look at VB's bunions and remember why I don't wear heels! Arilx

      Delete
  2. Wow those shoes! I look back at photos of myself younger and in high heels and am astounded that I walked in them and I don't even remember them being difficult to walk in. These days I can wobble in 'flatties.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wore them as a teenager too...I wonder how I managed! Arilx

      Delete

Puzzling

Being a soul who could win an Olympic Gold if overthinking was ever included as a sport, one thing which really helps me to slow down and be...