I have the greatest admiration for those individuals who can meditate. The notion of meditating regularly often crops up on my pagan path but, despite several attempts, I can't do it. I have a brain like a grasshopper that jumps from one thing to another and the minute I attempt to quieten it and sit still it goes into overdrive. I spent a long time trying and then getting frustrated so I've abandoned it for good. It's not a problem though because I realise that the chattering monkey on my shoulder rushes off to annoy someone else the minute I become absorbed in what I am doing- it happens when I'm carrying out my paid house sparkling duties, reading a book and all the time when I am walking. I enjoy experiencing different modes of transport but travelling on Shank's pony is by far and away my favourite. It gives me time to clear my mind and just enjoy noticing what's going on around me. Such moments are treasures and this was one of them spotted near where I live last week. I am as always easily pleased by the simple beauty of the everyday that I see around me.
Capillary Thread Moss
Arilx
The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Tuesday, 18 March 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recommendation
We were chatting about upcoming hols with some Mythago friends and when I mentioned Anglesey they suggested a nearby NT property which I had...
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...

No comments:
Post a Comment