Wednesday 26 March 2014

The Black Sheep




Many moons ago I visited the Black Sheep Brewery in Masham, Yorkshire. As is sometimes the case, its creation had come on the back of an acrimonious fall out within the Theakston family when they were taken over by the Scottish and Newcastle Brewery. Rather than follow in the footsteps of other family members Paul Theakston took a risk and struck out on his own. Twenty years or so on he has a successful business and a corking range of mighty fine beers if I may say so [I have done my research thoroughly believe me!]

I am always pleased to see a black sheep- this is another shot of the flock at our local nature reserve. Traditionally their fleeces fetched less than their white counterparts as they were seen to be carrying the mark of the devil. Anything with even the slightest maverick associations is always of immediate interest to me!!



Arilx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Puzzling

Being a soul who could win an Olympic Gold if overthinking was ever included as a sport, one thing which really helps me to slow down and be...