Monday 28 December 2015

Stitching The Fabric of Our Everyday Lives


I always enjoy the beautiful needlework I find in churches- there are beautiful examples of quilting and needlepoint to be seen. Kneelers are always a favourite of mine along with these panelled screens. You never know what images you're going to come across- all seemingly random choices and unrelated to one another. Here we have everything from the local Brownies to a three faced figure. As a fellow stitcher I can really appreciate the hours that have gone into creating these. This particular example is in the church where Mr GBT is a bellringer.





Arilx

No comments:

Post a Comment

The cityscape

 From my all too short time spent in Birmingham my impressions are that this city does Victorian and Modern architecture fabulously. If you&...