The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Thursday, 17 December 2015
"Seeing" The Winter Solstice
I find it hard to believe that it's already been six months since we visited Maes Howe. At the time the guide mentioned that they set up a video cam within the chamber so that you can view the winter sun hitting the back of the tomb at the time of the solstice. It still amazes me at the sophistication of our ancestors. Provided that the weather plays ball it will be in or around 21st [sometimes it's a couple of days later]. Many of us will never have the chance to see this for ourselves so this at least gives me the chance to be in on the action.
http://www.maeshowe.co.uk/
Arilx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recommendation
We were chatting about upcoming hols with some Mythago friends and when I mentioned Anglesey they suggested a nearby NT property which I had...
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...

No comments:
Post a Comment