I've mentioned in previous years that I'm not a fan of the traditional Christmas Pudding so I seek out a new dessert recipe to try when it's my turn on the sweets course. We trialled the potential pud last month to check it's up to scratch and it's a good 'un so Chocolate and Ginger cheesecake it is - recipe here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=67875942&postcount=1458 We have slightly tweaked it to our taste- no stem ginger biscuits to be found locally so we're using digestives [ginger nuts weren't a great substitute], mix of chocolate/ginger [100g] with 50g of milk chocolate as it was just a tad too sharp. Really liked it though as the fromage frais cuts the richness and it's not cloyingly sweet....can you hear the weighing scales screaming from here?!
Arilx
The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Decisions, decisions.
Now that's what I call a sign. If you're wondering we plumped for a spot of lunch at the Partridge in Singleton after completing our...
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...
I think rich and lushess desserts are perfect. Usually a small portion is more than enough and I feel satisfied in a way that eating handfuls of cookies wouldn't be. This sounds delicious.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sam- it's easy to make and hopefully everyone will enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteArilx