One of the things I have really enjoyed since taking up Morris Dancing is getting out there and strutting my funky stuff on Boxing Day. I used to haunt Mythago on Boxing Day as a spectator and now I can still hardly believe that I am lucky enough to be a participant!
Occasionally we go wild and wear our coloured kits. Usually it's only on high days and holidays and today fell into that category. I had the lovely surprise of discovering that Ice Badger [that's her in the snazzy orange kit in the first snap] had finished it. She had been hoping to but there was no rush as only having the correct black kit is obligatory. I now need to finish the mask I've painted to go with it. Against the backdrop of a grey, cloudy day [although thankfully dry] the colours really showed up clearly. Am really delighted with my new tatters jacket!
Arilx
The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hannah the Giant
Went to my first day of dance in Carshalton [which I didn't see much of beyond the pubs!] a few days ago. My single photo was of this 3....
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...


No comments:
Post a Comment