Waiting for your offspring's exam results is akin to having the Sword of Damocles hanging over you I have decided. Neither is particularly pleasant, but I am pleased to be able to report that the teenogre met the grade for his second choice of university and is off to study up the other end of the country next year. His Ma and Da can now heave a sigh of relief.
Would you care to join me for a free drinkie to celebrate. Sadly we have already quaffed the bottle of champers so all I can offer you is either coffee or the rather intriguing Earl Grey and rose petal tea. Both donations received from kind freecyclers this week.
The teen will no doubt be out on the lash celebrating whilst frankly all his Father and I desire is an early night and the restored ability to sleep!!!
Arilx
The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recommendation
We were chatting about upcoming hols with some Mythago friends and when I mentioned Anglesey they suggested a nearby NT property which I had...
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...

Hurrah! Well done teenogre on suitably suitable results - we have had a similar tense few weeks and major self doubts by our Eldest who to his (and everyone else's) great relief he too obtained the suitably suitable results meaning we are about to pack him off to uni (will miss him though but shhhh don't tell him :))
ReplyDeleteThank you and many congrats to your son too!
ReplyDeleteArilx