Monday 30 March 2020

Wild evenings in!

So we're now living the high life here at GBT with our wild evenings in. Thursday evening saw us all attend a virtual pub quiz....the first time I've ever been to such an event without physically being inside a hostelry. Mind you with 180k of us participating it might have proved to have been rather a squash! Going for the full throttled experience we filled our glasses with something tasty and filled our ramekins [these are proving to be an excellent way of enjoying a naughty snack whilst restricting our consumption of supplies] with peanuts. It was a brilliant evening with all 3 of us knowing different answers and we relaxed sufficiently to sleep well for the first time in several days.

Fast forward to Saturday and we upped the ante....digging around at the back of the cupboard of puzzles brought forward these long forgotten treasures.


It's been years since we've done anything like this as a family and it was just a real treat to spend time together even if TYM did beat his parents hands down in Boggle. Revenge will be ours when we break out the Yahtzee next time and I might even try my hand at Scrabble. He's currently playing Scrabble against my Mum online! Thankfully we also have a rather good range of jigsaws so I've selected a new unopened one from Mr GBT's birthday which should keep us entertained as an alternative.

Until tomorrow!

Arilx

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are really enjoying yourselves if that is the right word?
    "Enjoying"

    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to take the positives where I can find themx
      Arilx

      Delete
  2. I 'went' to the virtual quiz as well and have made a note of the others he's organised. It feels good to have some things to write in my diary again.

    ReplyDelete

Good Friday

 Hope everyone has a good Easter break. I saw this massive pug shaped egg on one of my recent forays and the utter ridiculousness of it just...