I love the generosity of folks at this time of year as they share their extra veg and fruit with others. Perhaps it's just my overactive imagination but there always seems to be a surplus of runner beans and courgettes. A couple of recipes for curries using these two have come to my attention over the last couple of days so if you're scratching your head to find new ways to use them up and not waste them perhaps these might tickle your fancy!
Courgette curry:
http://www.zerowasteweek.co.uk/courgette-curry/
Runner bean curry:
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipe/sri-lankan-runner-bean-curry
Arilx
The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Goosed
29th September is Michaelmas and was once the traditional day for hosting a goose fair. It also happened to be my birthday and this old goos...
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...
Hi there, thanks so much for sharing the courgette curry recipe with your readers. I noticed some click throughs from your site, so thought I'd come and say hi, thanks and keep up the great work!
ReplyDeleteWarm wishes
Rachelle x
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment Rachelle. Your recipe was just too good not to share!
DeleteArilx
I've just received a lovely bounty bag of veg from my brother - I do love this time of year!!
ReplyDelete