Monday 18 August 2014

On Trend

I am most certain that any sense of fashion I may have accidentally possessed in my dim and distant past went out with the square wheel. Occasionally, I find though that I am apparently on trend purely by chance. One such occurrence of this strange phenomen arose upon my buying a pair of, what I thought to be, sensible flat shoes for work a few years ago only to discover in horror that they were that season's must have and graced the feet of just about every nubile young filly I passed. As I was in my early forties at the time it was not a look I rocked!

Once again I find myself in this position but this time it's because I am now the owner of one of these.



I find that they are called loom bracelets and I have been unknowingly trying not to hoover them up for months in a bedroom where I housesparkle. I think each little unit must come with its own mini jet propulsion pack for they seem to be able to sprinkle themselves liberally across any given space!

My bracelet is actually a gift for me from my dear chum S who made it specially for me in my favourite rainbow colours when she heard of the demise of Psychocat. She always loved the antics of the furry madam and reminded me of how she'd created havoc the evening we'd sat and made pompoms and stolen the halloween biscuits [she was a cat with a sweet tooth] from the table when our backs were turned on another occasion. A lovely thoughtful gesture.

Arilx

No comments:

Post a Comment

The cityscape

 From my all too short time spent in Birmingham my impressions are that this city does Victorian and Modern architecture fabulously. If you&...