The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Tuesday, 19 August 2014
Racing Green or Racing Orange?
Today it is the Orange Race day in Totnes. Organised by the town's Elizabethan Society it supposedly commemorates Drake's visit to the town in the 1580s when he bumped into a delivery boy and sent his oranges bowling down the street. Nowadays the event is free and open to all. Oranges are thrown down the High Street and Fore Street and then chased down to the finishing line. You aren't allowed to pick them up with your hands. Appropriate refreshments of freshly squeezed orange juice are offered to those who finish.
The gloriously bonkers Brits! The photo may seem a bit random but this globular buddleia which grows in my garden is the nearest thing to a photo I have that is orange and round!
Arilx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Decisions, decisions.
Now that's what I call a sign. If you're wondering we plumped for a spot of lunch at the Partridge in Singleton after completing our...
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...

No comments:
Post a Comment