The first set of shots from yesterday. The more subtle colours.
The changing hues of the hydrangeas as they begin to go over in the first one caught my eye.
View across to the pinetum. In the foreground you can see a meadow of pincushion flowers. The hum from the bees was incredible.
Nymans seems to be able to blend architectural plants with the more familiar perennial ones seamlessly. I was very taken with some of the dramatic forms of the individual flower heads.
This is the view of the house that I love the most. It was partially ruined by fire in 1947.
More photos to follow tomorrow.
Arilx
The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Goosed
29th September is Michaelmas and was once the traditional day for hosting a goose fair. It also happened to be my birthday and this old goos...
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...











No comments:
Post a Comment