My love of all things hare related is well known within my family and Daddikins chose well for this year's ageing celebration. Delighted to receive this card it will grace my wall once I get my act together.
Mark Hearld was an artist hitherto unknown to me...or so I thought until I looked up some of his other pieces. This one I instantly recognised as it was the birthday card my parents gave to me last year which I've also held on to because I loved it. I am very keen on work created from lino or woodcuts.
There's lots more of his lovely scrummy paintings here to view http://www.art-angels.co.uk/cat/mark-hearld It reminds me in style in some ways of Karen Cater's work of which I am so fond that she sells through her and her husband, Colin's mail order Pagan company Hedingham Fair http://www.hedinghamfair.co.uk/
Arilx
The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Saturday, 18 October 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recommendation
We were chatting about upcoming hols with some Mythago friends and when I mentioned Anglesey they suggested a nearby NT property which I had...
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...


No comments:
Post a Comment