Many moons ago the small person went through a phase of collecting marbles. Over a period of time he amassed a few unusual ones and once this particular fad had passed my friend H had first dibs. She has a bowl of lovely examples and after she'd picked out the ones that had caught her eye the rest went to dear chum P who decorates the earth surface in her garden pots. However, it transpires that the new marbles didn't only appeal to her....a few were whisked off by the local magpie!
Now I have a great love of all things shiny and it has oft been said that I may have been a magpie in a former life for I have a houseful of shimmering glories and this is my marble equivalent. Simply called "Art on a ball" it formed part of a sculpture display at the Hillier garden. Amazingly it's one of those gym balls.
Arilx
The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Goosed
29th September is Michaelmas and was once the traditional day for hosting a goose fair. It also happened to be my birthday and this old goos...
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...


No comments:
Post a Comment