That is the title of the art installation being created by the ceramicist Paul Cummins to commemorate the centenary of the outbreak of WWI. When it is finished there will be 888,246 poppies surrounding the Tower of London, each one representing a life lost. The last one will be placed in the ground on 11th November before it is dismantled and the poppies are sold to raise money for a number of Service charities.
If you do visit it it's well worth walking all the way round the Tower to really get a feel for just how hauntingly beautiful it is. I personally felt I really wanted to see this for myself as it's so transient and poignant.
Arilx
The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recommendation
We were chatting about upcoming hols with some Mythago friends and when I mentioned Anglesey they suggested a nearby NT property which I had...
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...



No comments:
Post a Comment