Sometimes when you take a step back I, for one, am often left wondering why we do the things we do...how did certain actions start. One rather lovely gentleman gave me this delicious titbit yesterday and I thought it rude not to share.
Gentlemen attired as thus upon meeting a fellow knight would raise their visor with their hand to show their face and thus confirm that they meant no harm.
More historical trivia with which to impress the troops...can you tell I still haven't finished sorting the Kent photos into any semblance of order and am stalling for time!
Arilx
The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Friday, 6 March 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Goosed
29th September is Michaelmas and was once the traditional day for hosting a goose fair. It also happened to be my birthday and this old goos...
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...

No comments:
Post a Comment