Wednesday 7 March 2018

"Our Colour Reflection"

"Our Colour Reflection"  is the official title of the temporary art installation by Liz West which was, until last week, on show in the Chapter House in Chester Cathedral. According to the accompanying details it consists of 765 mirrors in 15 colours at varying heights with 4 different diameters. It certainly created some beautiful reflections with the light coming through the stained glass window up behind it.


It was the effect of the light reflecting back on the ceiling and walls which entranced me..should I  admit that the effect puts me firmly in mind of the revolving coloured spot lights at the discos of my youth back in the early 1980s?! There's a reason why I've never been employed as an art critic....☺


Arilx


2 comments:

Marching on

 Well March is being a bit of a madam isn't she. One minute she's teasing us with blue skies and a sun with some warmth in it and th...