Monday 30 August 2021

Down the pub.

Having barely been inside a pub for months I seem to have gone a bit mad this past week. Visiting two before 8am on a Saturday morning has to be a record even for me, but their doors were firmly shut at that hour. On a whim on my way back from shoppping I decided to take a detour to check out something I'd spotted earlier in the week....it's certainly not every day that you encounter a flying bride! I would love to speak to the creator to find out the thought process that went into this. This is one of the entrants in a month long scarecrow trail that is finishing soon. Whilst there I snapped the pilot too. He's standing in front of a lifesize model of a spitfire which I blogged about here https://gnatbottomedtowers.blogspot.com/2021/04/on-a272.html




Think of me later on today as I'm out performing at another inn with Mythago. It will be the first time in 18 months [we've only been back practising a month] so the nerves are jangling a bit. Tomorrow evening we are out at yet another one again....this time watching a friend dance. We're making the most of what's left of the 2021 Morris season!

Until tomorrow.

Arilx




2 comments:

  1. Have fun performing - hope the weather stays fine for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great fun and it did stay dry thanks. Rather nippy though! Arilx

      Delete

The cityscape

 From my all too short time spent in Birmingham my impressions are that this city does Victorian and Modern architecture fabulously. If you&...