Saturday 24 August 2013

Poppets

I have become most concerned about myself since I returned from my travels two weeks ago- not only have I completed 75% of the long list of tasks I'd left myself to do including my tax return and my tatters jacket but I have also carelessly completed another UFO. Oh where oh where have I mislaid my scatter gun- you know the one that allows me to have 15 things on the go at once [they do all get done eventually but can take a considerable amount of time- we're talking a few years here sometimes] and then start yet another thing that catches my eye. Fear not....it will never last for I will be up to my old tricks before long!  I'm far too much of an old crone set in her ways for such a sensible approach to endure and I am well practised at resurrecting bad habits!

Anyway enough of my natterings. I am gradually, with the speed of a striking slug again], completing a set of felt goddess poppets with the eventual long term aim being that  they will be mounted together into a rainbow wreath of sorts.


And this is the one that I have completed this week

The "plan" [things could easily change on that front!] is to make a red one next once I've decided what symbol I want to go on the front but first I have to finish a rather large rainbow blanket for our bed which is 90% done so we can use it over the winter. Watch this space although be warned you could be watching for quite some time!

Arilx

2 comments:

  1. Ooo Aril!! You've given me the bestest idea for a bit of 'bunting'. Don't know whether to thank or admonish you! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait until you've made it then you can heap praise upon me!! I shall of course expect to see photos over on your blog!!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete

What Aloicious Did Next

 After laying low for a few months Horsham's spoof artist Aloicious Shaftspole has been up to his tricks again. A 'what three words&...