Mud, mud, glorious mud.....January in the Sussex Weald can be a very muddy affair. We're on clay here and the wetter it gets the claggier it gets. Rather optimistically it was called Sussex butter and it was believed by some to be lucky to walk it into the house. As the probable cleaner up of such muddy footprints I beg to differ on that point! However, as the old adage goes there none so happy "as a pig in mud!"
Arilx
PS Many thanks to "The Sussex Garland" by Tony Wales for furnishing me with this snippet.
The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recommendation
We were chatting about upcoming hols with some Mythago friends and when I mentioned Anglesey they suggested a nearby NT property which I had...
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...

Ooooooooo piggies! Would you just look at those little darlings :)
ReplyDelete*she says twice as the first one seems to have vanished before I got to 'publish'*