Some of the sights/sites that greeted us. Once again I did not make it to all of these but will return I can guarantee.
Rochester Castle
Rochester Cathedral
Carvings over one of the doorways at the cathedral.
Inevitably greenmen photos....well of course what did you expect!!
The very weathered Sheelanagig
The zodiac floor by Sir George Gilbert Scott...normally it is not on display as it is hidden beneath a carpet near the High Altar. It was only on display because of the Sweeps' Festival.
Wall painting.....as you already know one does love a wall painting doesn't one!
And [I know dreadful habit starting a sentence with the word 'and' but I am a simple peasant] last but not least reputedly the oldest watering hole in Kent.
A most rum time was had by all.
Arilx
The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Goosed
29th September is Michaelmas and was once the traditional day for hosting a goose fair. It also happened to be my birthday and this old goos...
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...









No comments:
Post a Comment