I thought it hight time I introduced you to some of the members of my modest Greenman collection. There are a couple more not shown here.
These two are from a chap who sells them on our local artisan market. The red one has suffered a bit from the weather as he originally hung on the tree that we had to have cut down last year after it died.
I picked this little chap up at a medieval festival some years ago at Michelham Priory.
I love this fellow's beady eyes. He comes from the Hedingham Fair catalogue. There are other ones in the series by the same maker.
This one does rather look like he's lost a shilling and found sixpence. He came from Sherwood Forest. If you are there the visitor centre has lots of different examples.
And finally this one was a pressie from my parents and came from Avebury.
If you aspire to start/add to your collection [that'll be me then!] then this is my idea of heaven on earth- Spirit of the Greenman in Tintern. I know I've used this photo before but it's perfect excuse to indulge my obsession!
Arilx
The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recommendation
We were chatting about upcoming hols with some Mythago friends and when I mentioned Anglesey they suggested a nearby NT property which I had...
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...







Oooooooooo scrummy! I love them all. I collect them too :)
ReplyDeleteCan never have too many!
ReplyDeleteArilx