Tuesday, 4 August 2015

Notice and Be Amused!

Two recent sightings to raise the corners of my mouth.

Firstly a novel way to ask for a donation to the running of the free and rather marvellous Kirkwall museum.



And then there's this one which I may very well have featured before..my apologies if this is the case but I am way too idle to go back and check! Anyway I am delighted to report that this poster is still up on Billy's gate and I gather he's still very much alive and getting into a spot of hot water now and again. A lady walking her dog asked me if I had ever met Billy when I revisited the village last week and when I said that I hadn't had the pleasure she informed me that "he's quite a character!"


As you know I'm a simple soul and what is it that they say about simple things and simple minds!!

Arilx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tales from the abbey part 3.

 The last of my summer's abbey visits and this time it was Sherborne which is built out of the most fabulous honey coloured sandstone. A...