The phrase "sitting on the fence" often has negative connotations when used to describe an individual whose non commitment to a decision or a situation leaves other parties in limbo. I rather like this alternative slant that I encountered yesterday:
"The good thing about sitting on the fence is that you get to see both sides." By not taking sides it might just enable you to keep on good terms with both parties instead.
Arilx
The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Madfabulous
It was a bit of an overcast rainy day [not surprising really as we were in Wales which is renowned for it] when we paid Plas Newydd House a ...
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...

And sometimes it's good to wait there and no jump off to one side immediately. Lovely words mate. xx
ReplyDeleteLike that, like that a lot x
ReplyDelete