Tuesday 15 August 2017

An Artist In Residence

Yesterday I shared this rather lovely picture of an A board in Lurgashall which I spied on Saturday. Having looked at it closely I was delighted to see that it was handpainted and said as much in the original post.


Before I pressed the publish button I looked more closely and saw the famous name of Jacquie Lawson at the bottom [she of the charming e-cards https://www.jacquielawson.com/] What a nit I thought making assumptions like that...it was obviously a copy so I altered the wording.


Today I thought I would just double check...it turns out I'm not such a nit after all for this is her original handiwork. For some reason I had believed she was American....no she's English and lives in Lurgashall. That little bit of detective work has left me feeling rather chuffed.

Arilx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not bog standard.

Look at these beautiful cast iron panels. The design is called 'Floral Adamish' and is one of three which the company Walter Macfarl...