Sunday 26 April 2020

Cold black tea

I was interested to hear Jack Monroe's tip of adding black tea rather than red wine to her bolognaise to give it an extra kick, but without the alcohol and a mere fraction of the cost. This was a new one to me. In my time I've soaked dried fruit in it prior to making malt loaf and a few years ago I dyed the fabric for this bag to get the right shade I wanted.


If this article is anything to go by with all its suggestions I think I have been underusing the multipurpose and overlooked commodity of cold tea! https://www.teatulia.com/tea-101/tea-uses.htm

Please do let me know if you use it for anything else....I'd love to know if I'm missing a trick!!

Arilx

2 comments:

  1. I love your crow bag, is there any more information about how you made it anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello J. Thanks for your comment. I printed out a crow template or silhouette from Google images and then made a cardboard template from it. The crow is made of felt which I hand stitched onto the bag and then then just handstitched in the eye and border detail. I keep some of my divination cards in it. Arilx

      Delete

Not bog standard.

Look at these beautiful cast iron panels. The design is called 'Floral Adamish' and is one of three which the company Walter Macfarl...