Sunday 5 April 2020

While the coast is clear

With the lighter evenings now Mr GBT and I have decided to follow the same/similar route on our permitted stroll as it's quieter. When the coast has been clear I have snapped the odd photo here and there.....

Chalked rainbows...the children have been keeping busy outside in the dry weather. It was very tempting to have a go at the hopscotch. It was a game I loved playing when I was a child and we had a permanent one painted on the playground.





Thank goodness we are travelling by Shank's pony and not by any other means of transport....it looks like I couldn't be sure of our vehicle's safety if we parked nearby as it's not a Landy😀


This house has had all manner of military vehicles on its drive over the years. They are repaired and then disappear only to be replaced by something else. I am given to understand that the homeowner is one of the organisers of a local military show, so presumably is a real enthusiast. It looks quite threatening until you realise that it's currently missing a wheel so isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable future!



To finish a very timely decorated painted stone. We have been out to clap all those amazing people who are working on the front line every Thursday. This week we were accompanied by a neighbour playing her ukelele. We all do that British thing of smiling politely at each other when we've finished and then scurrying back indoors.


Arilx


4 comments:

  1. I love the chalk drawings. The invitation to play along should be taken up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hopscotch has brought back happy memories for me. Arilx

      Delete
  2. Well a very interesting virtual walk I have just had. Where do the armoured vehicles go do you know?
    Think I would be tempted to have a go at hopscotch too

    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only wish I knew...perhaps he sells them or has access to storage somewhere. Arilx

      Delete

Not bog standard.

Look at these beautiful cast iron panels. The design is called 'Floral Adamish' and is one of three which the company Walter Macfarl...