Monday 27 April 2020

From the weekly ramblings

I've been out with the camera snapping again anything that takes my fancy as we potter around. Here's this week's selection for your delectation.

This handmade felted bunting appeared outside our local shop last week. The hearts below single out some of our key workers.


Always love a good pun. I'd be tempted to put work this company's way just for the joy of having their van parked outside.


Small detail on a Victorian gravestone I noticed as I went galloping past.


How frightfully British....this very understated, yet humorous way of conveying a very serious message on our local cinema.


This stone bench with its intriguing beast supports and the mulitfunctional handrail and bootscraper combo are along The Causeway which is the show street in the town.




If I was going to have an umbrella stand in my life this would be my choice....an iconic red telephone box one!!


With a couple more of these highly original windows. The second one is my all time favourite...in the run up to Easter the display was urging everyone to stay at home and eat chocolate. Now they've brought in Punch and Judy to get the message across!! If you double click the picture you'll be able to see the details more clearly.




Arilx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Puzzling

Being a soul who could win an Olympic Gold if overthinking was ever included as a sport, one thing which really helps me to slow down and be...