I am an avid recycler. I have long since passed the stage where the repurposed or preloved items outweigh the new in my home. I have tried over several years to follow this principle [of course new things do cross the thresh hold from time to time- saint I ain't!] so that I don't create a manufacturing space for something else to be made. I am a very regular freecycler [I do receive but give away a great deal more] and love nothing more that giving /receiving items from family or friends as well as lending and borrowing.
The London Scarcity project is a fine example of what can be achieved with the discarded objects that were destined to be buried in a big hole in the ground
http://www.paulogoldstein.com/The-Scarcity-Project
Arilx
The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Goosed
29th September is Michaelmas and was once the traditional day for hosting a goose fair. It also happened to be my birthday and this old goos...
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...
No comments:
Post a Comment