The latest selection of little lovelies spotted on my recent wanderings.
A black neck moth. These are daytime moths and it's been quite a task to identify this.
Small tortoiseshell
Meadow Brown
Large skipper
Initially I thought that this was an oil beetle but Mr GBT Has Looked Into The Matter Further and informs me that it is a bloody-nosed beetle- so called because it exudes a nasty red fluid when attacked. I am a tad envious of his rather splendid jacket.
Arilx
The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Wednesday, 2 July 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recommendation
We were chatting about upcoming hols with some Mythago friends and when I mentioned Anglesey they suggested a nearby NT property which I had...
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...





No comments:
Post a Comment