Sunday 13 July 2014

The Wanderer Returns

Hellooooooo! I'm back to annoy you all having spent the last week or so nosing around in the beautiful Wye Valley. To ease myself back in gently I'm sharing a couple of quotes that caught my eye whilst I was away. The photo is of a piece of graffiti that charmed me on the local church door. I can only imagine that the individual behind this carving was not terribly popular when their handiwork was first discovered in 1532!

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."
W.B.Yeats


"A mind once expanded can never return to its original dimensions."
Oliver Wendell Homes Sr

Arilx

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Aloicious Did Next

 After laying low for a few months Horsham's spoof artist Aloicious Shaftspole has been up to his tricks again. A 'what three words&...