Thursday 17 July 2014

Dot's Cheese Drops

As a change from my holiday chunterings I thought I'd share the recipe that one of the ladies I housesparkle for gave me yesterday. I'm going to give them a whirl at the weekend along side The Summer One Pot my lovely SIL made for us when we stayed with them last weekend.

Cheese Drops

2 x 1oz packet of plain crisps
3oz grated cheese
3oz SR flour
2-21/2 oz melted butter
3/4 tsp dry mustard
pinch cayenne

Melt butter. Crush crisps and mix all ingredients together. Place little balls of mixture on a baking sheet and cook at 200C for 10 mins.

Summer One Pot sv 4

3 courgettes thickly sliced
1 aubergine cut into thick fingers
2 garlic cloves chopped
2 red pepper chopped into chunks
2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into bite sized chunks
1 chopped onion
1 tbsp coriander seeds [these add a real zing to the dish]
4 tbsp olive oil [it'll be veg oil here at GBT!]
400g can chopped tomatoes
400g can chickpeas
small bunch of coriander roughly chopped

Heat oven to 220C.
Toss veg and coriander seeds in oil and season. Spread out in a single layer and roast for 45 mins turning once. Place tin on a low hear and add toms, chickpeas and bring to a simmer. Stir and season then drizzle over oil and the chopped coriander. The original suggested bread to accompany it but I'll serve the cheese drops instead.

Arilx



4 comments:

  1. I like the sound of the summer one pot but I'd have to leave the aubergine out ... have never been able to digest it properly for some strange reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like aubergine so it will be left out. Thanks for your comment Eileen,
      Arilx

      Delete
  2. The only problem I can see with the cheese drops is that I could happily sit during movie night and scoff a whole bowl full, lol. Copied, pasted and printed, thanks m'dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling K- that's why I'm serving it with a main meal otherwise I'll eat the whole lot...I'm not known as the Snackette Queen for nothing!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete

All work and no plays makes for a very dull day.....

Grey Monday and I'm up for a spot of fun...after I'd finished work I carried on driving to the nearby village of Billingshurst. Form...