I know there's a lot about this in the challenge in the media right now with various celebrities getting behind it. The small person is doing it this afternoon. It's easy to be cynical but please do take a look at this video if you want to understand more.
http://themetapicture.com/when-people-say-the-als-bucket-challenge-is-dumb-i-show-them-this/
Thanks
Arilx
The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recommendation
We were chatting about upcoming hols with some Mythago friends and when I mentioned Anglesey they suggested a nearby NT property which I had...
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...
My friend died from ALS and I did the challenge in her memory and will make donation to MND charity in UK. Was told I didn't include enough cold water on first attempt so have to repeat! Must do better! Watch my blog for result x
ReplyDeleteWell done to the small person. This is what my partner died from - referred to as Motor Neurone Disease in this country. It's a terrible thing - when he died he could only move his head slightly and needed help with breathing, although he felt 'lucky' as he was still able to talk until the end!
ReplyDeleteThe ice bucket challenge, apart from the funds being raised for research, is also importantly raising awareness of this terrible disease. Again, well done to your son for taking part.
Thanks for the comments. It is a cruel disease made even worse by the fact that it's genetic. It's good to see so many getting behind it when sometimes all we hear is how bad people are.
ReplyDeleteArilx