The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Friday, 10 April 2015
Starburst.
To my simple eye these look like stars bursting forth at this time of year. Lesser Celandine known as the Spring Messenger which supposedly puts in its first appearance on 21st February along side the swallow [celandine comes from the Greek chelidon meaning swallow]. Less prosaically known as Pilewort referring to its traditional use in the treatment of haemorrhoids! As ever you can rely on me to lower the tone!
An early annual Springtime treat which I anticipate eagerly.
Arilx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recommendation
We were chatting about upcoming hols with some Mythago friends and when I mentioned Anglesey they suggested a nearby NT property which I had...
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...

Daffs do it for me! x
ReplyDelete