Wednesday 21 November 2018

Down The Lane

There I was innocently trotting down Church Lane in Bury in pursuit of nothing more unusual than a spot of medieval graffiti in the church I had got wind of when I encountered this......


Some of the scariest topiary I've ever seen...look at the size of it for starters. I shared the photo above on my FB page....the jury is still out as to what the biggest creature is ...some say it's a penguin, but I'm with the one eared rabbit with the big bottom option.



Mr GBT gave me a wry look when I came across them, but hand on heart this time I had no idea they were there. Made me titter....it's a very well-to-do area so I'd love to know whether the neighbours are horrified or find them amusing!

Arilx

4 comments:

  1. I think it someone with a sense of humour. I see rabbit, and they can be a nuisance in gardens. People get so cross when their precious plants are nibbled. I get cross with the bantams who eat the pansies and gillyflowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! I thought it was hilarious....just not what I expected in a place which might take itself a little seriously.
      Arilx

      Delete
  2. My-I think I might have jumped when stumbling across that. I need a good walk this weekend with my camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get out and about. Happy Thanksgiving.
      Arilx

      Delete

The cityscape

 From my all too short time spent in Birmingham my impressions are that this city does Victorian and Modern architecture fabulously. If you&...