Or in layman terms random odds and sods......
Firstly last month I blogged about National Pie Day. This is the Fidget Pie Mr GBT made and mighty fine it was too might I add!
In a bid to make better use of the slow cooker I tried out a recipe for chocolate orange fudge. Have to say it worked a treat and required minimal effort [always a plus in my book]. Not exactly the same texture as the fudge cooked in the conventional way but close enough for my liking. Original link with the recipe here http://www.tinyfootsteps.co.uk/2014/12/chocolate-orange-slow-cooker-fudge.html
The decluttering is continuing and I have actually been pretty restrained and bought very little. Sorting through stuff does also turn up bits I'd forgotten about. I made these felt beads yonks ago and stitched the glass ones on to embellish them. I thought vaguely of making a necklace but didn't get any further with them. Looking at them again I finally sussed it. One brooch with the clip stolen from another one I never wear.
Yesterday with it being Valentines I remembered the bookmark for a simple card I had. I just drew round my biscuit cutter, punched some holes in and then threaded through various oddments of wool I was left with after I finished the rainbow blanket. As ever everything I make is a bit Janet and John but I'm here flying the flag for the crafting challenged!
Over and out!
Arilx
The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Madfabulous
It was a bit of an overcast rainy day [not surprising really as we were in Wales which is renowned for it] when we paid Plas Newydd House a ...
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...



No comments:
Post a Comment