Thursday 21 December 2017

Christmas Scavenger Hunt 21st December

Father Christmas


As one who follows a Druid path, today being the Winter Solstice is an important one for me. I'm a lover of the woods and the Yule evergreens, so this rather more unusual depiction of Father Christmas with his green coat and holly wreath feels more authentic to me. We have the Victorians to thank for the red coat....prior to this FC was depicted in anything from green through to brown or even blue! The rather scary almost Krampus type figure in black is actually the Mythago drummer and he's a lovely chap behind the mask!

Arilx

PS Alban Arthan blessings to all those who celebrate the old waysx

5 comments:

  1. I always thought Father Christmas was the man of the woods too.

    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think the green suits Father Christmas better, and a Happy Winter Solstice to you to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings of the Solstice to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a lover of woods and evergreens too Aril and I always like to see Father Christmas dressed in green. If I don't get back to see you before Christmas I hope you have a lovely time. Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings to you too! I'm Christian but my Mum celebrates the old ways too.

    ReplyDelete

All work and no plays makes for a very dull day.....

Grey Monday and I'm up for a spot of fun...after I'd finished work I carried on driving to the nearby village of Billingshurst. Form...