Thursday 28 December 2017

New Threads

A text message came through on Christmas Eve from my friend Nurse L which simply read "I'm having a clearout. There's a black cord gillet, a bit Steam Punkish I'm getting rid of. Wondered if you were interested?" It sounded interesting so she kindly dropped the garment off with me. I wasn't sure from the description what to expect.

Certainly not this....a beautiful long jacket. I wore it with my red Coachman's hat https://gnatbottomedtowers.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=hat on Boxing Day once we'd finished dancing and retired to the cosiness of the fire in the pub snug for a music session afterwards. It fits me like a glove. There will most definitely be a couple of bottles of craft beer winging their way over to  Nurse L's to thank her for her generosity.


Arilx

6 comments:

  1. Hi Aril,What a great mate to give you that!,Ive got one very similer...infact i just love cord and velvet coats,jackets,dresses,skirts,tops..Ive got loads and i love them all.Most are Vintage and all Charity shop bought of course!.I wish id got a mate like that!!,Debi,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm very lucky aren't I and it's not the first time either. I have passed some things her way from time to time too. Arilx

      Delete
  2. I love friends like that! Perfect with your hat, isn't it? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do seem to be the same sort of style!
      Arilx

      Delete
  3. Hello mrs! That coat is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh hello Kim! So lovely to hear from you. Hope all is well!
      Arilx

      Delete

All work and no plays makes for a very dull day.....

Grey Monday and I'm up for a spot of fun...after I'd finished work I carried on driving to the nearby village of Billingshurst. Form...