Monday 4 December 2017

All Singing and Dancing

It's coming up to five years since I joined Mythago and it's still one of the best things I've ever done. Over the last two years there's been an increased flow of creativity....music for dances has been rearranged or combined with other tunes, old dances have been tweaked and new dances added [we have a repertoire of at least 30 and we have to memorise them...eek!]. However, by far and away the most exciting thing which has happened recently is a new story has been developed and it's been a privilege to see the process in action. The funniest thing was that there hadn't really been any discussion or planning for it it's just happened really quickly.

This weekend has seen the first two proper performances and as a first we've added in singing. No one was more surprised than me when I volunteered for this new twist and although very intimidated by standing on a stage with a microphone, I lived to tell the tale! The photos are from the Weald and Downland's Tree Dressing Event with our unseasonal tale of John Barleycorn....it was quite refreshing to take a breather from all things Christmassy if the truth be told. No singing from me this time...with a smaller side I was back in my more familiar territory of dancing instead. The costume was made by my friend Ice Badger.



Arilx


9 comments:

  1. Amazing costumes - well done on the singing front :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Ice Badger is the one wearing the new costume.
      Arilx

      Delete
  2. What an interesting life you lead. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Morris dancing means I get to see and do a lot more than I would if I didn't do it!
      Arilx

      Delete
  3. I love the Weald and Dowland museum x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on remembering so many tunes and for getting up and singing ... Delighted to have found your blog Aril.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this is fascinating! 30 tunes is a lot to remember too!

    ReplyDelete

All work and no plays makes for a very dull day.....

Grey Monday and I'm up for a spot of fun...after I'd finished work I carried on driving to the nearby village of Billingshurst. Form...