On frugal matters pertaining to bread and crumbs. I don't feel the need to repeat a 101 ways with breadcrumbs- lots of frugallers are already au fait with the fab tips out there on this topic and to think I used to just throw out the old bread for the birds.....
If you like crusty rolls it is far cheaper to buy a baguette and cut it up than buy a pack of rolls I find.
And a new recipe hopefully with the festive season upon us to use up some of those bread crumbs. This one comes from the Weald and Downland museum
Gingered Bread
1 lb white breadcrumbs, 1lb runny honey, 2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp ground cloves & 2 tsp cinnamon.
Mix spices and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Warm honey and add to crumbs. Mix well until. Line a shallow baking dish and press the mixture down firmly. Cover and leave overnight to chill and set. Cut into cubes to serve.
Arilx
The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Madfabulous
It was a bit of an overcast rainy day [not surprising really as we were in Wales which is renowned for it] when we paid Plas Newydd House a ...
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...
No comments:
Post a Comment