The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Saturday, 9 November 2013
The Box Office
In the Elizabethan era plays were performed at 2pm. Groundlings i.e. those who stood on the open ground near the stage paid a penny, those who sat down paid an extra penny and those who wanted a cushion paid a further penny. All monies were dropped into a box that was taken to a special room for safe keeping called the box office.
Arilx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hannah the Giant
Went to my first day of dance in Carshalton [which I didn't see much of beyond the pubs!] a few days ago. My single photo was of this 3....
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...

No comments:
Post a Comment