The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Saturday, 19 March 2016
Looks Can Be Deceiving.
I trotted past this tree without giving it a second glance last week...only for my Dad to point out to me that it's actually made of fibreglass. The sculptor and owner of West Dean College, Edward James, commissioned these for his gardens in 1972. Deciding to capture the form of old and diseased trees forever he had the trunks covered in fibreglass. The wood has rotten away just leaving the form of the original behind. Natural beauty captured unnaturally.
Arilx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Goosed
29th September is Michaelmas and was once the traditional day for hosting a goose fair. It also happened to be my birthday and this old goos...
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...

No comments:
Post a Comment