Wednesday 20 May 2020

The White Lion Barn update!



Please see today's earlier post if you're wondering what the mad woman is bleating about!! A very kind lady has contacted the museum and has shared that the building dates from 1840-60 and is thought to be named after the burbage plot upon which it was built. It was used as a grain store and there's a wooden wheel and winding mechanism in the neighbouring smaller building [just out of shot]. Now I know that this is hardly earth shattering on a world stage, but right now when the media are having a field day sharing as much bad and frightening news as possible I'll take it!! It adds a layer of richness when I am able to understand what I'm looking at in my locality.

Arilx

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Aloicious Did Next

 After laying low for a few months Horsham's spoof artist Aloicious Shaftspole has been up to his tricks again. A 'what three words&...