Monday 2 June 2014

Monthly Review

Quick catch up.

For my veggie main meal I made this http://gnatbottomedtowers.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/friday-funding-fun_23.html but with some tweaks. I mixed cheese and smoked paprika in with the breadcrumbs for all the layers. Next time I will use an even stronger cheddar and mix a bit of creme fraiche through. It was very tasty though so it will be a keeper.

Ronald Hutton...ahh yes Mr Hutton. I have been extremely flakey. No excuses except every time I went to pick his tome up I found myself doing a crossword, reading a magazine anything really so I gave up!

However, I have learnt a very valuable lesson. Do not agree to anything when you have had a sherbert or three. On the back of the inspirational Stephen Sutton I was blindsided by the small person [along with his father] into running a 5km fun run for charity. Now anyone who knows me will guffaw at this point as I am known for my lack of enthusiasm for such an activity. I am firmly with Joan Rivers on this:

"The first time I see a jogger smiling I'll consider it".

Having given my word though I am up for it and have bought some appropriate footwear [last time I had trainers they had a green stripe on them!] and suitable chest wrapping to keep my ironing board frontage in place. I wouldn't like to call it jogging...it's more akin to slogging but I can run two miles without stopping. Thankfully I am already moderately fit with the house sparkling and dancing I do so it's not been too much of a shock to the system!

Arilx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Big and Little

 Mr GBT looked slight aghast at the long list of things I'd written down for our then upcoming trip to the Midlands....'we're on...