The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Sunday, 15 June 2014
Blog Birthday
I am rather flabbergasted to realise that I've been talking at people for a whole year and yet I still have more to witter on about. Originally I set the blog up as a space for me to put all the things that catch my eye during the week but it's become more than that. I've rediscovered why I used to enjoy scribbling although I have to say the way my brain puts things together is a tad bizarre sometimes and it's been good for me to give myself the time to do that.
This bloglet acts partly as my diary and I rather like the fact that the only rules are my rules. It's all rather liberating but I would be lying if I wasn't also secretly flattered that people take time out of their days to read here aswell. For me blogs satiate my previous need for glossy magazines....they open up windows for me, give me new avenues to explore and allow me to be legitimately snouty!
Thank you dear chums! The choice of a ferret is completely random by the way. It's just a photo of ours that makes me smile.
Arilx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recommendation
We were chatting about upcoming hols with some Mythago friends and when I mentioned Anglesey they suggested a nearby NT property which I had...
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...

Your post sums up how I feel about my blog! Plus the added bonus that I've made lots of 'virtual' friends. Keep posting!
ReplyDeleteCompletely random? Our Aril? Surely not! lol
ReplyDeleteGnat Bottomed Towers (blog) is a total joy m'dear. A trip here never fails to inform or entertain me, often both. We have very similar hungers for knowledge of the odd and offbeat, those things often overlooked by the masses and I always look forward to a new post springing up, never knowing what I'll find.
Happy Birthday GBT! I'll raise a glass of Crabbies later to this most momentous day. *ok, any excuse really* ;)
Yay for blogging! It passes many a happy hour for me too. Happy Bloggyversary m'dear!
ReplyDelete