As I recently mentioned whilst away I reached a few personal decisions that are bringing in some positive changes. The running is going ok- I was asked if I'd like to join a friend for a 10k race in September. Being a bit of people pleaser my natural inclination is to say yes as I don't like to offend people, but for once I trusted my instinct and politely turned it down. Maybe one day but if I do, it would be more likely to be done for charity.
The situation in the world on lots of fronts has really been troubling me of late....infact scaring the crap out of me to be honest. A few years ago I stopped watching the News or shall I rephrase that as The Bad News but I've got slack and started reading some really terrible rags online so I'm partly to blame. It all gets a bit addictive but I seem to have broken myself of the habit since I've been home. Don't think I've become a Pollyanna...I'm still hearing things but not deliberately seeking them out. This micky take of the tabloid press really isn't that far off the mark.
This article has come up on Book of the Face feed today. Just the tonic I needed http://theunboundedspirit.com/we-were-made-for-these-times/ In my own little way I have been trying to do my bit for my part of the world in which I live and I shall continue with my efforts. It has to make a difference and I will continue to actively search out more ways I can contribute.
"What this world needs is a new kind of army- the army of the Kind"
Cleveland Amory
Arilx
The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Wednesday, 29 July 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Goosed
29th September is Michaelmas and was once the traditional day for hosting a goose fair. It also happened to be my birthday and this old goos...
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...

No comments:
Post a Comment