Sunday 19 July 2015

Maverick Marketing.

When you're stuck on the M6 in tediously slow traffic with the rain sheeting down it's easy for me at least to be amused by small things. I rather liked  the "No pies kept overnight in this van" sticker I spotted on the back of a Transit and then the rather witty advertising slogan on the rear of a TK Maxx lorry which read "Does my chassis look big in this?"

Last night, feeling ever so virtuous post very short run, I decided to cast aside the halo and sabotage any good work I might have done by cracking open a beer. In fact to be more specific this little number from the Ringwood Brewery [I have discovered that Lidl sell the artisan beers I like at very reasonable prices]:



Apart from thoroughly enjoying my tipple I snorted at the write up on the back which I feel duty bound to share:

"We take two things seriously at Ringwood Brewery- our beer and leisure time. Along with creating quality craft ales, we are relaxation enthusiasts.
Our motto is to "Visit the Winding Downs"- a place to enjoy some quality time with friends."

So pass the nuts will ya and All Hail The Ale!!

Aril

P.S. I now find that a boondoggle is a pointless business trip where the emphasis is upon fun and relaxation rather than work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Aloicious Did Next

 After laying low for a few months Horsham's spoof artist Aloicious Shaftspole has been up to his tricks again. A 'what three words&...